Friday, April 3, 2015

The Case With Good Friday

Ok so earlier today (in the morning), I was looking through my bbm recent updates, and I noticed that a few people on my contact, updated their statuses with “Happy Good Friday”, and I was wondering why anyone would wish another a HAPPY good Friday!.. I mean today is supposed to be a memorial of Christ’s Crucifixion… you’re not supposed to be happy… what is even good about Good Friday?
So I went to church, later today, for the Good Friday celebration and the homily today was titled ‘what is good about Good Friday’ which is a question as well as a statement.
Well the priest explained that today is a celebration of love. Today, Christ paid for our sins in full. There’s no stronger way to show your love for someone than to lay down your life for that person. And Christ did that for us and because of that, we have free access to God and we dare to call him Father.

So my friends, that is why today is good. And can I just say my favourite part in the good Friday celebration is the Venite Adoremus part… you know the part where the cross is slowly unveiled.
Good Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to leave your personal rant in the comment box! Thank you!