Friday, March 27, 2015

The Case With The Elections

This is a picture of Chekwas Okorie. I bet you don’t even know who he is. Well let me establish or refresh your memory. He is the Nigerian presidential candidate for UPP party. I’m thinking you didn’t even know there was a party called UPP… I didn’t either until I watched the presidential debate last Sunday!
So tomorrow is the presidential elections. I’ve been half expecting INEC to postpone the elections again! But I guess this election thing is really on tomorrow. I’m not voting for two reasons
1.       You can only vote where you registered and
2.       If I were voting, I’d vote for neither PDP nor APC, so my vote wouldn’t count anyway.
So the election is really between PDP and APC. You see, the problem the current president has is that, most of the things he worked on are things we cannot perceive. Nigerians only acknowledge the things that can be seen… we are so superficial! If electricity was for instance the only and when I say only, I mean only thing the current government was able to tackle, He’d have the vote of all Nigerians. However, he didn’t give us electricity and APC on the other hand is promising us the world! Really? You’re going to give us electricity really? Cheap kerosene really? Tackle Boko Haram really? And how exactly are you going to do all of those? The absence of your presidential candidate in last Sunday’s debate was very conspicuous. Debate is democracy and you are not making things any easier for yourself, especially with your military background and I have a problem with all of these old ex-military men coming back to pose as Civilians. We should be moving forward!
The problem with Nigeria is that it should never have been amalgamated!

In any case, Vote Wisely!

3 comments:

  1. i don't completely agree... i think president Jonathan has done more than we give him credit for

    ReplyDelete
  2. vote for change! vote Buhari!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you're right, amalgamation is the problem but we cant keep looking back, we have to move forward

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to leave your personal rant in the comment box! Thank you!